Monday, January 21, 2008

Grrr.....

I am very put out by all this. For about 4 years, I have been dreaming about decorating a house in the amazingly simple and modern designs that Todd Oldham created for La-Z-Boy. Well, I finally have a place of my own and, trying to undo the "dorm room chic" that adorns it now, I stopped at my local La-Z-Boy store only to find out that they no longer carry Todd Oldham designs! Well, now what do I do?

I went to other stores in the area and all I found was over priced, over stuffy furniture. I mean, my parents wouldn't even want this stuff ( though my boyfriend was especially excited over at Cabot House.) Blech. And the limited modern pieces I DID find, were so durn expensive.

Anyhoo, do any of my generous readers have a secret furniture shop they'd be willing to share?

1 comment:

Susan B. said...

I've got a great furniture store I use - Allen Wayside. But it's in Plaistow! We have gotten our bed, night stands, bookcases, bureau, coffee table, couch, and more there!