Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Book of the Year", rave critics*


*ok, raves me.

I know it's a bit early to announce my fav book of the year, but I kinda already did in February. And up until yesterday, A Northern Light was by far the best thing I got my hands on. But that was then...

And now comes My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and the Boston Red Sox by Steve Kluger. This book could not have been better. T.C. and Augie are brothers--not by the same parents. And then there is Alejandra. And a deaf 6 year old named Hucky. And the Sox, Mary Poppins, Buck Weaver, Jackie O, and Judy Garland all make appearances too. I can't say more than that or I will tell you the entire plot. But it was simply put, wonderful.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I read this book on my way to Las Vegas and back!! I loved it!