Monday, October 15, 2007

Oooooh! Glowy!

For those of you who know my true identity, you know that i am easily fascinated by shiny and glowy objects. Pins that blink, keychains that shine, you get the idea. Pens that glow are no exception. Now, I am known in some circles as a Freebie Queen. I put on my freebie voice and usually I can score very cool stuff from business: free books, posters, a stuffed cow, free repair on my digital camera etc. But the one that I didn't have a chance at was a glowy pen from a sales rep that visited the library a few months back. I walk in and everyone at circulation is playing with their super cool blinking pens. "Where's mine?" I wondered. Turns out, there weren't enough to go around. I was deeply put out by all this. Sure these librarians are having fun now, but in a few minutes they would get bored and the toy would go back to being just a pen. Worse, it might get taken by a fascinated patron! Nooooooo!

For my birthday, GDD corespondent Mr. J bought me my very own glowy pen. It's pink and glows blue! I am SO EXCITED. I don't know where to keep it: at work to entertain me but might get stolen or at home for safe keeping. I love my pen!

"I’ve got the 411. And you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy. I don’t care how dope his ride is." 10 Things I Hate About You's awesome Larry Miller is 54 today.

Red Sox tied with Cleveland. Next game is tonight!

No comments: