Friday, August 1, 2008

“Superman is how America views itself. Batman is how the rest of the world views America.” - Michael Caine

So Gigs FINALLY saw The Dark Knight--and was not disappointed. It was great. It was scary. It was criminal how they underused Michael Caine. But still a great movie. The best I've seen this year. I really hope they make another one with this team. And I know everyone is saying it, but Heath Ledger's performance really is Oscar worthy. When you can watch a character on the screen and really have no idea who is playing him, that's incredible. I still can't believe that was him. Even when he was shown for a split second without the makeup, it was like, OMB that's Heath! And can i just say how much better Maggie Gyllenhaal was as Rachel than Katie Holmes--who was good in a Joey Potter kinda way.

Scary quote at the top, there. Do you agree?

1 comment:

SparkleQueen said...

Glad you finally got to see it. I agree with all you said. I kept trying to see Heath Ledger, but couldn't. He made the craziness so real and believable. I did not find this Rachel as appealing. And yes, I love that quote from Michael Caine. Had to go home and watch "Zulu" after seeing "The Dark Knight"!