Friday, February 20, 2009

Ouskar

I wasn't going to watch the Oscars this year...I find it wrong that during these hard times, so much money is being spent on praising actors....good actors, and good movies, but really what did they DO? Entertain us, sure. But this money could be going to much better causes that another pat on the back for Hollywood....still, maybe it is a welcome distraction for some. I dunno...I do want to see who will win Best Actor and Supporting Actor, and this rumored musical number with Hugh Jackman, but that's about it. I think the entire award season has gotten out of hand...and judging by the ratings of recent years, maybe the public feels the same way.

Did you know that it was an Academy librarian that gave the award its name? Yah-Huh..I heard it on Extra so it must be true!

No comments: