Thursday, February 26, 2009

Help stop teen cough medicine abuse! (what about other age groups' abuse?))

1. Oscars--yep I watched--the whole durn broadcast! Glad for Milk's wins, and Heath's...and in case you were wondering, I like the new format!

2. 3 Doors Down...Gigs took in a concert on Monday night at the new House of Blues in Boston...ehh venue, sound issues until the main act came on, but all in all a great show! Gigs went with buddies Nancy and Mike, and had a great time, as always when you mix Nancy, Mike, live music and a Dirty Shirley.

3. Cough Medicine--I was carded, and asked to sign a document that stated that I would not sell my cough medicine to teens (who may abuse it) twice this week! They keep it behind the counter, probably under the guise of protecting kids from what can harm them if abused. It got me thinking about if this is a law, or store policy. And if libraries were to do that....put "harmful" materials behind the desk and not let a minor check them out. God, now more than ever, I am glad most libraries don't function like this! I can't imagine blocking anyone from the freedom of information. I would have been so mad if as a teen I wasn't allowed to check something out, on the authority of someone who didn't know me! But I do believe that parents need to step up and parent.

4. I need some sleep! I'd go get some Tylenol night meds, but I don't want to get my license carded again! Someone might come after me for abuse!

2 comments:

LibraryChristi said...

Part of the reason for #3 is because pseudoephedrine, the super-awesome ingredient in most cold medicines, can be used to make meth.

Yeah, don't ask how I know that ;)

dp said...

3 Doors Down? Those guys still around? No one that deserves to die in a plane crash ever does.