Monday, December 31, 2007

CRUSHES

Following in the footsteps of such esteemed hotties as Captain Von Trapp, Marty McFly, Triple X, and Faith the Rogue Slayer, comes 2007's crushes. Now unlike many people, Gig's tends to crush on a character rather than the actor who plays the part. Why? I don't know...maybe it's my ability to separate the actor from the character they play. Side note: did anyone else watch The Sound of Music on tv last nite? That Christopher Plummer is so handsome!

So without further ado....2007's crushes!
Guy-

Link Larkin from Hairspray. To paraphrase Colin, er, I mean Mark Darcy, "He loved Tracy-just as she was!" Granted anyone could have played this role, and at times, it seemed that Zac Efron didn't look as if he was having the time of his life. Hell, all you have to do is listen to the movies' commentary to figure out what the director and star thought of him. (He was mentioned exactly one time in their 2 hour talk). But something about a teen playing a teen was so refreshing. And Link was a good person, giving up all he worked with to give someone else a chance.

Girl-

And here we come to the exception....my crush is on the actor, not the character, simply because I don't think this person can do no wrong. She is fall down funny, a wonderful comedic and drama actress, always looks amazing on the red carpet, and someone who I have admired for years, but has finally received the credit she deserves: Helen Mirren! She is so awesome! You'd think that winning the Oscar for The Queen would be the pinnacle of her career, but she said that working on National Treasure 2 was the most fun she'd had! It was a fun movie. And her work in Cal was amazing! She's so cool! I want to grow up to be just like her.

1 comment:

Dan Barbour said...

Helen Mirren is incredible. I loved her work in "The Queen" of course, but I was equally impressed with her work in the hilarious "Calendar Girls" - it was a movie I expected to hate but loved.