Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Just a Sprig of Holly"

It's officially Christmas Movie Viewing Season! I kicked off the season with probably my absolute favorite holiday flick, Love, Actually. I still cry at the sappiest of scenes: the one with Juliet and Mark, the one where Jamie asked Aurelia to give him her hands, and of course when Rufus gift wraps the perfect gift in that perfect way. Course, that last one are tears of laughter. And how bout John and Judy's meeting as, ahem, stand ins. And the most perfect use of my fav xmas carol, All I Want for Christmas Is You. Lest we forget the amazing Colin Firth. He made a great movie so much better. Doesn't every girl dream of being proposed to in front of her whole town, with her intended bumbling his way through her language.

"I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England."


**SIGH** Colin, I will inhabit anywhere with you.
To get you in the mood, check out this wonderful snippet:




So tell me, what are your favorite Holiday movies?

2 comments:

Penny said...

i love "scrooge" with albert finney, and i love "muppet's christmas carol"...

Dan Barbour said...

Love, Actually is a movie I should hate - the story has more holes in it than a piece of swiss cheese - but I don't hate it - I, ahem, actually, LOVE, ahem, it so much! It's addicting. I love Billy Mack - I laugh at the opening credits every time. Another Christmas movie I love is "Elf" - gotta love Buddy. Well, I need to get back to work!