Friday, December 28, 2007

SONG

I had to really think about this one. Not because there were SO MANY great songs released this year (there weren't) but because I thought I would have trouble finding one that I first heard this year. Turns out, I didn't have to go far.

I checked out my iPod and all the songs I'd purchased over the past year, and the one that stands out is a frothy little ditty with an unbelievably great hook and fun lyrics. Not to mention a fun video. "When Did Your Heart Go Missing" by Rooney. The band got it's big break playing on The O.C. a few years ago, but I never really listened to them. Then this song hit, and I really liked it. It's been on replay for the second half of the year. Check out a snippet at the band's website.

Runner up:
Also another iTunes replay: God Only Knows by the Geoff Gascoyne Trio featuring Jamie Cullum. I figured this couldn't count as my favorite new song b/c it's a remake of the Beach Boys classic, but WOW. A wonderful recording. Go buy it on iTunes. No need to sample it, trust me. And hearing the song live? Yowza!

1 comment:

Dan Barbour said...

Where is "Rehab" - my word, it was, by far, the best song of the year!!!! I'll just pretend you forgot - this blog has a nice "edit post" feature which you can update soon!