Friday, September 19, 2008

People get off the damn phone!

I usually don't get into anything heavy in my blog, but let this be the one exception. With news coming out that the engineer of the train that crashed last week in LA may have been texting while working, led to the death of 25 people. Everywhere I go, people are running red lights, not paying attention, and driving recklessly with a phone attached firmly to their ear.

And I'm not talking about teens; I'm talking about everyone! And those little bluetooth headsets look dorky but if it helps keeps your eyes on the road and you hands on the wheel, use them!

I readily admit that I cannot drive and talk on the phone, but it seems that others think they can. I don't wanna die (and I am sure those who lost their lives in the train crash would agree) b/c you couldn't unplug.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Totally, absolutely agree with you. I can't even count how many times I have seen people drive through red lights,not drive when the light turns green, not get out of the way of a BIG truck barrelling down on them, because they are on their f***ing phone. And what's with the personal phone conversations that I have listen to while I grocery shop?????