Thursday, September 6, 2007

Even slower news day

My apologies for today's post. It seems that there really isn't too much going on in Lala Land.

Premier Magazine has listed it's top 20 movie plot twists ever! Sure I agree with a couple of them....Fight Club and The Usual Suspects, but I can't believe they left off the biggest plot twist ever! Was I the only one who never saw that Paul Walker's character in The Fast and the Furious was (GASP!) an undercover cop?!?! Could have knocked me over with a feather! What a great twist! Cop proves himself to bust up an underground ring of illegal racers and thieves and then befriends the leader and macks on his sister! The leader then goes on the lam from cops, doing stints as a nanny and a maybe-human with glowing eyes. Unfortunately, I am not joking about the generic twist in The Fast and the Furious, and I enjoyed the movie much more sitting in my little world of oblivion. "I live my life a quarter mile at a time.". Me too, Vin. Me too.

Now don 't get too excited (didn't stop me from screaming like a 12 year old at an High School Musical concert), here's some casting info on J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot. Never saw the show or any of the movies, but my ass was there on opening night b/c it was an Abrams flick. Then I hear that Zachary Quinto signed on to play Spock, and my ass was in the center of the last row (best seat in the house) on opening night. NOW comes news that Nathan Fillion is rumored to be up for the role of Captain Kirk! Add Eliza Dushku to the cast (I don't care how) and I will be one of those lame people that camp out for movie tickets a week before they go on sale! Thanks to DD corespondent, Mr. J, for this story.

Swoozie Kurtz is 63 today.
Red Sox lost, Yankees won. Boston is STILL 6 games up!

1 comment:

Dan Barbour said...

star trek movie didn't interest me until the casting began - isn't that CRAZY!!! I hadn't heard about Dushku yet!! That's awesome! Oh, and I actually found The Fast and The Furious to be more of a comedy....