Thursday, September 13, 2007

Savage brothers! TV needs you!

Sorry about my lack of posts the past few days. I was away on a top secret miss.....I mean, I was visiting my mother. Yes, that's it.

So Jon Stewart is hosting the 2008 Oscars. All I have to say is...thank goodness it's not Ryan Seacrest! He's doing the Emmys, AI, The Superbowl opening ceremony, and quite frankly I'm sick of him. Not that I have an ill feelings toward him, but buddy, give some gigs to the funny people. My pick for new hosts for any events: Ricky Gervais, Rainn Wilson, in full Dwight Scrute-mode, and Stephen Colbert. And hey, since I'm dreaming, let's add Stephen's own Papa Bear, Bill O'Reilly, as a co-presenter.

Kanye says he is through with MTV, stating that they exploited Britney and him to gain ratings at last week's VMAs. Um, duh? When has MTV not exploited anyone? Madonna, countless cast members of The Real World, and others are why MTV is so popular. And, sad to say, even if Britney hadn't performed, they would have had their ratings, simply with them rumor of her performing. Come to think of it, they should have put her on last. That would have guaranteed viewers for the whole show.

With all the talk about Britney, no one has even bothered to mentioned the amazing performances of young Chris Brown and the always awesome Foo Fighters. This is what I wish MTV would be about: amazing live sets featuring people who actually play instruments and sing out loud! Actually, it's possible Brown wasn't singing live, but who could blame him with all the shimming and jumping he was doing. At least it looked real.

OMG: Ben Savage is all grown up. When did that happen? He's 27 today.
Red Sox are up by 6 games.

1 comment:

Dan Barbour said...

OMGoodness, Ricky Gervais, I never thought of him as an Oscar host, but he is perfect! OMW!! Write the Academy! That's incredible!