Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pink and Sparkles-my two favs at the Emmys

Greetings, fair bloggers! Sorry about the delay in posts, Gigs was getting subpoenaed by K-Fed.

We won't spend too much time discussing the Emmys, as they were such a BAD show (the exception goes to Terry O'Quinn of Lost--keep rockin' the pink and sparkles--you looked awesome and happy to be there! Congrats on your well deserved win!)

Did I call it or did the masses finally listen to me? It looks like Kanye has outsold 50 Cent-by 300,000 copies! And it turns out that Jay-Z, producer on Kanye's album has also lent his talents to Fiddy, as a contributor to the remix of the song "I Get Money". Why do I feel betrayed? Then again, it will probably make me like the song, just as his additions made me like Umbrella by Rihanna and (don't kill me for saying this, Dan) Rehab by Amy Winehouse. That song got so much better with a Jay-Z beat and rap.

And while we're on the topic of 50, have you seen his new video? So stylish and sleek...almost made me forget who the artist was. The half naked girls reminded me. This might be the first song by Fiddy to make it to my iPod. Great beat, great vocals, and I kinda dig the dressed up 50. Put some clothes on the girls and I might become a fan. Seriously, the amount of half clothed girls on MTV (and I'm talking about the video chicks, the reality star,etc.) is just plain embarrassing. Put some clothes on! What's that? Skin sells? Well, ok...I suppose you can show JT without his shirt once or twice. No wonder people from other countries think American girls are sluts. If I had to base my opinions on what I saw, I'd believe it too!

Rosemary Harris is 80 years young today.
Red Sox are up by only 3 games, and no, I don't want to talk about it. It will be ok.

2 comments:

Dan Barbour said...

I don't listen to rap. Remember, I am Starbucks music born and raised. And the Red Sox are 2.5 games up - not 3 - they better not suck this up.

Bailey said...

Check out the Remy Report for some good pictures of the current Red Sox situation. Under "news" go to the "lighter side."
I honestly don't have a good feeling about the season now- the pitching is getting pretty undependable. Not just the obvious but the old reliables. I was THERE in 1978 when the Sox lost the 1 game playoff to NY by the Bucky Dent home run. Who the heck is Bucky Dent???