Friday, September 7, 2007

I Love Musicals!

No I don't actually, but I seem to be getting awfully excited about a few of them in recent months. The movie Hairspray was awesome! I had such a good time, I went twice and I think it just might be my favorite movie of the year (certaintly the only movie with no deaths in it to make my top 5 list). And I've been dying to see Avenue Q for about 5 years, and my friend and co blogger Dan invited me to go see it when it comes to Boston next Spring. Also coming to Boston is Sweeney Todd, and I am going to see that too! Spring Awakening has been all over the news, and well, I just can't wait til it tours, so I'm planning to trek into NYC for a matinee one of these days.

Which leads us to today's BIG scoop...remember that day you heard the anguished wails of parents all over Britain and the squeals of all the girls ages 11-98 around the world? That was the day Daniel Ratcliff announced he was starring in Equus in the West End in London. But here's what brought the screams...he appears naked (HORRORS...not that!) for a part of the show! And now it looks like he's bringing the nudie show to the U.S.

So to answer the big question....why would Daniel, who is so loved and adored by millions of girls worldwide, strip down on stage? Because he is an actor (say it with me: actor). He is not Harry, nor any other character he has played. Let's face it: Harry is all well and good, but talk about being typcasted. He's barely out of his teen years, and he will forever be remembered as a 13 year old wizard. So, please, let's not make a big deal over this. Equus won rave reviews in London, and I'm sure it will here. Parents, don't like what Daniel's doing? Don't let the kids see the play.

Oh, and the worst kept secret in showbiz has been confirmed: Britney will perform at the MTV VMAs on Sunday. Whoo-hoo.

Michael Emerson is 53 today.
Sox won, we're up by 7 games.

2 comments:

Dan Barbour said...

Yeah, typecasting sucks, however I cannot say I am excited about a naked Har...eh, Daniel. Ha, oh the jokes. Oh the jokes. And why do I think that Britney isn't going to help the ratings? Am I crazy or something? Haha, peace out bloggers.

Bailey said...

I agree about Daniel being an ACTOR and being able to play whatever role he wants. Many moons ago I saw Equus twice in NYC. Once Anthony Perkins the psychiatrist. I was in the front row- believe me, seeing him up close was much more exciting than whoever the actor was who disrobed....